ADDENDUM




So last night when I wrote the taking a break post (here) I was feeling pretty deflated. I was just about ready to give up on everything, including my offer to start Obs and Gynae training but today I was reminded why I chose this field. 

Today I made a transgender patient feel better (he told me I did!) and I was first assistant in gynae surgery where the consultant taught me a lot. I realised that the training journey is long and arduous, and can be pretty soul destroying at times, but there are always better days, and you will always make someone feel better. 

Being a trainee, especially at junior levels (where I'm at) can be annoying at times (lots of hoops to jump through) but once you get to senior levels and consultancy, it seems your life improves drastically (different annoyances but less hoop jumping!) - as far as I can see anyway! 

Basically, the highlight of my day today was definitely that transgender patient. He was incredibly upset at how he had been treated thus far but I'm really glad I made his day slightly better which made my day better! 

Moral of the story, medicine is good, for now..!


xoxox

Share:

0 comments