G R A T E F U L





Hi all! 
A bit of a fluffy post today (sorry) urging you all to be grateful for what you have, even for a short while! 

So, if you follow me on Instagram and Twitter you'll know that I'd been home for the last week or so - home home, not work home lol. I even went to Wales with my mother and it was awesome! I drove back to London a few days ago on what seemed like a normal drive initially. However, with about 30 minutes to go till I got home my car suddenly went from about 80mph to 10mph with me in the right hand (fast) lane. I nearly lost control of the car with several cars behind me also going at 70 - 80mph.

Obviously the catastrophic accident that could have happened is unimaginable. Luckily I managed to get the car to a hard shoulder and waited a while (with my sister facetiming me and threatening to drive out to me to help tow my car- that's another fluffy story I can't even contemplate because my emotional status is currently shot to pieces haha!).
Anyway, I managed to get home without killing anyone thankfully.
 But I was so upset. 
I took my car for an MOT and service recently (the post is even on my instagram) and I thought my car was good to go for another year at least. But then this. This had happened before but not quite so dramatically and it was supposedly sorted during the service. I was really upset. The inconvenience of having to find time off work to take my car back to the garage frankly nauseated me.

Anyway, so another thing that I do is volunteer for a clinic that basically serves marginalised people in society- prostitutes, destitute, homeless, etc.
I've been able to deal with most things so far but a patient I met yesterday made me reassess my whole life (lol). Obviously respecting patient confidentiality -  she was a young girl, a few months pregnant, alone, not accepred by family because of pregnancy, no friends, not  much English - boyfriend abusive and no longer on the scene - everything bad that could happen to a person happened to this girl in my opinion.
I don't know why I was so upset by it - I've seen worser cases - but I was. I definitely empathise and sympathise with my patients but this girl was different. I felt personally hurt by her situation I couldn't even. The fact that she was younger than my sister maybe made it worse for me (my sister is still a baby to me so anyone younger than her is basically a toddler lol).

Anyways, suffice to say, all my issues with my car, all my hurt,  dissipated- I thought honestly, it's just a car, a very old one at that, and I can afford to buy a new one right now if I wanted because that's how nicely I'm currently set up. This girl had nothing and was in a dire situation. 
I'll think long and hard before I start thinking woe is me. Besides the issue with my car (which I'm selling/ scapping btw) my life is pretty awesome!

So, if you're reading this and are worrying/upset about some crap that you're living through; spare a thought for those others who are in a worser situation than you. If that's too difficulty, turn on the TV and watch any news channel - it won't be too long before you learn of someone worser off than you! Nothing like this thought exercise to make your problems seem insignificant!

Now for some trashy TV to repair my emotional status!

Till next time guys, be grateful!

SF

Tags:

Share:

0 comments