2016 ROUND UP!

Hello all! 
Few hours to go till we ring in the New Year in England! 2016 has been an awesome year. It was probably one of the years I've looked forward to for as long as I can remember (for more reasons besides FINISHING MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!) I thought I'd look back on some of the highlights 2016 brought me and look forward to an equally awesome 2017! Happy New Year one and all!! 



2016 saw me graduate not once but twice!!! After years of hard work I graduated first with my Masters degree (left picture) then finally with my Medical degree (right picture) - on a few months apart! Both days were awesome, surrounded by only the best people in life (my biggest fans!) Six years of hard work culminated in me gaining a few letters before and after my name, which is pretty awesome! 


As soon as I finished medical school, I started my job as a doctor (well a few weeks later)! The picture on the left is the first picture of me I took as a free gal haha! After so many years of knowing what my life schedule was for a least a year in advance, I didn't know what to do with myself! The period between finishing med school and starting work as a doctor was a very confusing one haha! But it was lovely to have some time to relax and spend time with family. 
My first job as a doctor was a baptism of fire to say the least. After one week of shadowing, I was let loose to practice as a solo practitioner. My first job was in Emergency Surgery and it was literally the best job ever! I keep promising to do something about working in Surgery as a junior doctor, looks like it'll happen in 2017 now! 



2016 saw me start a YouTube channel to complement my blog. It's been pretty well received so far and I'm trying to sort out my work/life balance to make sure I continue producing useful content for aspiring doctors/ anyone really! Here's hoping 2017 will be a more organised one and thanks for watching my videos if you have! 

 

I also added Snapchat (@heysammie) and twitter (@_samforde) to my social media list. I have been pretty poor at updating these but 2017 y'all, 2017 will be better! 

These are a few of my 2016 highlights. Hope you all have a nice New Year's Eve whatever you do and see you in 2017!!! 

Sammi 

xoxo 








Share:

0 comments